Oxford ESL Dictionary Pack
for learners of English, Second Edition
The Oxford ESL Dictionary for learners of English helps students understand the meanings of words and how to use them correctly. It includes 42,000 words, phrases, and meanings and 35,000 examples to show how words are used.
The dictionary marks the Oxford 3000TM words (the most
important words to know in English), content area vocabulary (math, social studies, science, etc), and Academic Word List words.
The Oxford Writing Tutor (included in the print dictionary) and the Oxford iWriter on the CD-ROM show students how to plan, write, and review different types of
writing. The dictionary helps students:
* Understand what words mean by using defining vocabulary containing words that students already know.
* Build vocabulary and achieve academic success.
* Improve writing skills with Oxford iWriter and Oxford Writing Tutor.
on the Academic Word List and the Oxford 3000TM (the most important words to learn in English).
* Write in different types of texts in English, from resumés to emails to essays, with the Writing Tutor.
There is no Table of Contents available at this time.
There are no Instructor/Student Resources available at this time.
There is no Author Info available at this time.
There are no related titles available at this time.
- Canadian content.
- 45 Reference pages including a 16-page Oxford Writing Tutor, information on punctuation, irregular verbs, geographical names, and more.
- 650 colour illustrations make it easy to learn related vocabulary.
- Note boxes with extra help throughout the dictionary -
thesaurus, topic collocations, Academic Word List collocations, word-building.
- The Oxford iWriter on the CD-ROM shows students how to plan, write, and check their written work. The CD-ROM also includes the full A-Z dictionary, spoken words, 'record your own voice' facility, Topic Dictionary, and
searchable picture dictionary, plus a pop-up Genie that looks up words when you are working in Word, on emails, and on the Internet.