Job PostingsEditorial Assistant (Higher Education Division)
Oxford University Press has is an immediate opening for a highly organized and dynamic individual to assume the position of Editorial Assistant in the Higher Education Division.
The successful candidate will work closely with the editorial team to support the development of higher education textbooks in a wide range of academic disciplines.
Core responsibilities include:
- Coordinating peer review of proposals and manuscripts based on editorial plans and market research and preparing market summaries.
- Conducting market research and preparing market summaries for Acquisitions Editors
- Preparing competitive analysis reports for new publications
- Assisting in the research and creation of art programs to support manuscripts.
- Working with authors and editors to coordinate the creation of ancillary resources that will accompany core texts
- Assisting managing editor with copyediting and proofreading
- Assisting ancillary coordinator with preparation online ancillary material
- Identifying possible areas for publication by gathering course schedules and market research
- Creating sales reports in SAP
- Performing other editorial duties as required
Minimum qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree
- Strong word processing and Internet research skills
- Proven ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects
- Previous experience in higher education publishing
- Copyediting/proofreading experience and courses through a professional publishing program an asset
Interested applicants should forward their résumé and cover letter by 19 September 2014 to:
Human Resources Manager
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.