Philosophy of Education
- Bullock, S.M., & Christou, T. (2009). Exploring the radical middle between theory and practice: A collaborative self-study of beginning teacher educators. Studying Teacher Education, 5(1), 75–88. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/17425960902830468#.VLPyp9LF-Sr.
- Chinnery, A., Hare, W., Kerr, D., & Okshevsky, W. (2007). Teaching philosophy of education: The value of questions. Interchange, 38(2), 99–118. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10780-007-9025-0#page-1.
- Chomsky, N. (2012, January 25). The purpose of education. Presented at the Learning without Frontiers Conference, London, UK. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdNAUJWJN08.
- Christou, T.M., & Bullock, S.M. (2012). The case for philosophical mindedness. Paideusis, 20(1), 14–23. http://journals.sfu.ca/paideusis/index.php/paideusis/article/view/310/172.
- Hare, W. (2007). Ideological indoctrination and teacher education. Journal of Educational Controversy, 2(2). http://www.wce.wwu.edu/Resources/CEP/eJournal/v002n002/a006.shtml.
- Plato. (1888[n.d.]). The Republic (B. Jowett, Trans.). Oxford, UK: Clarendon Press. http://oll.libertyfund.org/titles/598.
- Rousseau, J-J. (1921). Emile, or on education (B. Foxley, Trans.). New York: E.P. Dutton. http://oll.libertyfund.org/titles/2256.
- Szelényi, I. (2008, September 17). Rousseau: Popular sovereignty and general will. Lecture conducted for SOCY 151: Foundations of Modern Social Theory, an Open Yale course from Yale University, New Haven, CT. http://oyc.yale.edu/sociology/socy-151/lecture-5#transcript.
- Szelényi, I. (2008, September 17). Rousseau on state of nature and education. Lecture conducted for SOCY 151: Foundations of Modern Social Theory, an Open Yale course from Yale University, New Haven, CT. http://oyc.yale.edu/sociology/socy-151/lecture-6#transcript.
- Which assumptions about education might be questionable?
- What underlying beliefs should be exposed?
- Are the arguments and counter-arguments logical?
- What relevant conclusion(s) can we draw?