Return Extensions/Returns Policy
The following applies to all books and materials (excluding software) from whatever source that has been supplied by Oxford University Press Canada
- Returns Extension Requests:
Extension requests should be forwarded to our Customer Service department. Requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Once reviewed the appropriate paperwork will be faxed/emailed to the customer.
Paperwork for all Oxford University Press returns should be forwarded to our Customer Service Department:
Phone: 1.800.387.8020 (Press 3)
- Returns Management Authorization:
Oxford University Press has a returns authorization process, allowing us to process your returns more efficiently.
- Paperwork for all Oxford University Press returns should be forwarded to our Customer Service department (including any Return Extensions Approvals). This information will be keyed into our system and a Returns Authorization will be sent to you within 10 business days.
- Once your return has been authorized, it can be sent directly to our distribution centre at the address below.
- Products returned but not approved by the OUP Returns Authorization will be returned to the customer at their expense
- Products You May Return:
- Oxford University Press or our agencies' materials invoiced within twelve (12) months prior to their return, provided they have not been replaced by a new edition (see 4b below).
- Products must be received in mint saleable condition. Product that is shop-worn, stickered or stamped by the customer, or in an otherwise unsalable condition, will not be accepted for credit and will be returned to the customer at their expense.
- Defective materials shipped in error, or books received in defective condition - please contact Customer Service within thirty (30) days of receipt. Customer Service will issue a Returns Authorization identifying the reason for the return and will make any necessary arrangements. In the case of short shipments, notification must also be sent to Oxford University Press Canada within thirty (30) days of receipt.
- Cassettes, videos, CDs and DVDs can be returned only if defective, and should be returned immediately upon receipt for replacement or credit.
- Products You May Not Return:
- No product may be returned after twelve (12) months from date of invoice.
- Superseded editions of college textbooks must be returned within thirty (30) days of the publication of a new edition or no credit will be allowed. Customers will receive a monthly notification in the mail alerting them to products purchased by them which are now out of print or available in a new edition.
- Books purchased as remainders or on a non-returnable basis may not be returned for credit.
- Custom Publications are returnable up to 10% of the total quantity invoiced.
- Shrink-wrapped packages will only be accepted for credit if they are returned in their original, unopened packaging.
- Make on Demand/Print on Demand titles: Returns of titles coded MAKE ON DEMAND and PRINT ON DEMAND are no longer accepted.
- Resources with Digital Access Cards will not be accepted for return
- Reproducible Teachers Materials will not be accepted for return
- Digital Products and Online Subscriptions will not be accepted for return
- How Products Should Be Returned:
All products must be accompanied by a packing slip along with the OUP Returns Authorization paperwork.
Please also include:
- Total number of cartons being returned
- Full name and address of sender.
- Where To Send Returns:
Weight of each carton must not exceed 35 lbs. or the carton will be refused.
Shipments are made at the sender's own risk, and must be wrapped securely and forwarded prepaid to:
Oxford University Press Returns Dept.
1925 Williams Parkway East, Unit 4