Chapter 01: Aboriginal Societies
First Nations and Traditional Teachings
- Zica' Hot'a Tales and Legends
Stories from the Mohawk nation.
- Canada’s First Nations: Native Creation Myths
Stories of creation and origins from some of Canada's First Nations.
- The Hopewell Rocks: Mi’kmaq Legends
Mi’kmaq legends and stories.
- Iiyiyuu Ihtuun – Traditional Ways
Two stories of the Nehiyawak (Cree) culture.
- The Blackfoot: Story Robes and Legends
Stories from the Siksika (Blackfoot) and other cultures, with illustrations and activities.
First Nations Elders
- Elders’ Voices: Culture and Lifeways
Information and illustrations about the past and present role of elders in Aboriginal societies.
- Terrestrial Ecozones
Shows the major ecozones of Canada.
- Provincial and Territorial Relief Maps
Choose a province or territory to view a printable relief map.
- Vegetation Map of Canada
A colour map showing the major vegetation regions of Canada.
- Aboriginal Peoples circa 1630, 1740 and 1823
Maps showing the Aboriginal settlements known to Europeans at the times indicated.
Aboriginal Language Map of Canada
- Aboriginal Languages by Community
Map of Canada showing the locations of communities that speak each major Aboriginal language, using the latest available census data.
Six Nations Confederacy
- Haudenosaunee Confederacy: Great Law of Peace
An introduction to the Great Law of Peace and the story of the Peacemaker.