Oxford Trade Sales Group
1st January 2011
The following applies to all books and materials (excluding software) that has been supplied by Oxford University Press Canada
Returns Management Authorization:
Effective January 1, 2011 Oxford Canada will move to a returns authorization process allowing us to process returns more efficiently.
- Paperwork for all Oxford University Press returns should be forwarded to our Customer Service department. This information will be keyed into our system and a Returns Authorization will be sent to you within 10 business days.
- Once your return has been authorized it can be sent directly to our distribution centre at the address below.
- Products returned but not approved by OUP Returns Authorization will be returned to the customer at their expense.
Products You May Return:
- Oxford University Press Canada or our agencies’ materials invoiced more than three (3) months and less than fifteen (15) months prior to their return.
- Products must be received in salable condition. Product that is shop-worn, stickered or stamped by the customer, or in otherwise unsalable condition, will not be received for credit.
- Books or materials received in defective condition, or shipped by Oxford in error – please contact Customer Service within thirty (30) days or receipt. Customer Service will issue a Returns Authorization identifying the reason for the return and will make any necessary arrangements. In case of short shipments Customer Service must also be notified within thirty (30) days of receipt.
Products You May Not Return:
- No product may be returned after fifteen (15 months) of receipt of invoice.
- Books purchased on a non-returnable or as remainders may not be returned for credit.
- Shrink wrapped packages will only be accepted for credit if they are returned in their original, unopened packaging.
- Make on-Demand titles: Effective June 1, 2011 returns of titles coded MAKE ON DEMAND will no longer be accepted.
Unless the invoice number of copy of the invoice is enclosed credit on all returns will be issued according to the original price charged less ten percent (10%) restocking charge.
How Products Should Be Returned:
All products must be accompanied by a packing slip along with the OUP Returns Authorization paperwork. Please also include:
- Total number of cartons being returned
- Full name and address of sender
Where To Send Returns:
Weight of each carton returned must not exceed 35 lbs. or the carton will be refused.
Shipments are made at the sender’s own risk and must be wrapped securely and forwarded prepaid to:
Oxford University Press Returns Dept.
1925 Williams Parkway East, Unit 4
Oxford University Press reserves the right to refuse any return not made in accordance with the above conditions.