Dealing with Dead Links
As you use this website, you may run into links that are no longer working, i.e., dead. Due to the nature of the Internet, the content of websites can change at any time. When this happens, try one of the following strategies to access the source you are looking for:
- Try to find out if the Internet address has changed.
- Seek out the home page of the dead deep link and see if the article is hot-linked there.
- On the home page of the dead link, do a key word, article, or author search.
- Use a search engine to find the material using the name of the organization, the title of an article, the name of an author, or by using important key terms.
- If you know an actual sentence from the source, type it into a search engine. This helps to narrow the search.